- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,089 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Inner steel cutting tool accurately shaves the male thread on the dowel
- Wear resistant aluminium bushing ensures consistent dowel guidance
- Two comfortable handles allow easy exertion of pressure when cutting threads
- Steel tap creates a clean, accurate internal female thread
- Chip ejection hole eliminates clogging, and provides visibility of the cutting process
The thread box is made from hardwood and features two comfortable handles for easy exertion of pressure when cutting the threads. To create an external thread you simply clamp a piece of 19mm dowel in a vice, place the thread box over the dowel and gently rotate. The inner steel cutting tool then shaves the thread on the dowel. There is a wear resistant aluminium bushing for accurate dowel guidance and a hole in the side of the thread box to ensure there is no clogging and to give visibility of the cutting process.
To create a matching internal thread you pre drill a 16mm pilot hole in your timber, then insert the supplied steel tap and rotate by hand using the tommy bar. The tap creates a clean accurate internal thread which is perfect for the corresponding male thread. The resulting threads are both strong and tight fitting. ©
- Product CodeR1650
- Dimensions260mm x 60mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.