R70 1/2" Router
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 26,998 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Variable speed, high torque 2200 watt motor maintains consistent speed under load
- Set router bit height with precision and ease, whether upright or inverted in a table
- Built soft start on the slowest speed eliminates sudden movement on start up
- All steel side fence featuring micro-adjustment knob for precision edge routing
- Smooth phenolic base plate with wide 65mm aperture
The powerful 2200 watt motor features variable speed control from 9000 to 22000rpm and has constant speed under load ensuring a fine finish to the workpiece on hardwoods, softwoods and composite woods. The motor has in built soft start on the slowest speed to eliminate sudden movement of the router on start up. A spindle lock combined with a hex collet nut results in fast and easy bit changes.
The base of the router is fitted with a phenolic glide plate measuring 160mm in diameter which ensures excellent stability and smooth passage in free hand mode and features a wide 65mm aperture for accepting large cutters when in table mode. The phenolic plate can be removed from the base to reveal locating holes for mounting to a router table insert plate. Industry standard guide bushes are accommodated for via two easy to access set screws. The all steel side fence also features an adjustment knob that allows for micro-adjustment to set the routing width.
Weighing 5.8kg the router has two large ergonomic handles combined with a conveniently positioned on/off switch which make this a very comfortable router to operate. The router is supplied with a 35mm diameter dust port, 1/2" collet, 3/8" and 1/4" collet sleeves, collet spanner, adjustable steel side fence, 16mm guide bush, 12.7mm TCT router bit, clear bit guard and a bearing edge guide. This is a powerful 1/2" collet router designed for both freehand and table use that has the advantage of a micro-fine height adjuster which ensures fast and precise routing. Highly recommended. ©
- Product CodeR5001
- Variable Speed Range9,000
- Collet Diameter1/2",3/8" and 1/4"
- Dust Port Diameter35mm
- Plunge Height70mm
- Base Diameter160mm
- Base Aperture Diameter65mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Fine height adjustment
Quickly and precisely adjust and set the bit height, whether upright or inverted in a table.