Cryogenic M2 HSS Turning Tools - Set of 6
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,054 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Six specially selected tools, for the professional turning of bowl and spindle projects
- Cryogenically treated, lasting up to 5 times longer than conventionally hardened HSS
- Superior edge holding ability in oily abrasive woods, exotic woods and hardwoods
- Fast and easy to sharpen, removing less material to produce a perfect razor sharp edge
- Ready to use, with edges bevelled, sharpened and honed
These turning tools are made from M2 high-speed steel which has been cryogenically hardened, to ensure an extremely long service life. Cryogenic hardening is a technical process, where the steel is cooled down to -185°C after hardening, resulting in an edge that will last up to 5 times longer than conventionally hardened high-speed steel. This process makes the tools ideal for turning oily abrasive woods, exotic woods, green and hard woods, allowing the turner to turn wood rather than spend time re-sharpening the blade. The blades have a super fine cutting edge with reduced burr formation, which results in a clean, smooth finish and a superior feel in use. The blades are remarkably fast and easy to sharpen, as they allow you to remove less material than before to produce a perfect razor sharp edge. The blades are hardened to HRC63-65 and are ready to use, having been bevelled, sharpened and polished.
The full-size handles are ergonomically designed to allow for optimum grip and comfort and are made from a slow growing beech that has been selected for its straight grain, to ensure maximum strength. The shanks of the high-speed steel blades are buried deep into the beech handles and secured by a solid stainless steel ferrule. These are excellent full-size woodturning tools. ©
- Product CodeR2020
- Handle Lengths320mm
- Blade Lengths130mm to 220mm
- Overall Lengths450 to 540mm
- SteelM2 High-Speed Steel
- Rockwell HardnessHRC63-77
- Roughing Gouge Blade Width1"
- Roughing Gough Flute Width3/4"
- Bowl Gouge Blade Width1/2"
- Bowl Gouge Flute Width3/8"
- Spindle Gouge Blade Width3/8"
- Spindle Gouge Flute Width1/4"
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Spend less time sharpening
Cryogenically treated for superior edge retention, resulting a blade lasting up to 5 times longer than conventionally hardened HSS.