Cryogenic M2 HSS Spindle Gouge - 1/2"
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,656 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- For creating decorative detail, such as coves and beads, on spindles
- Cryogenically treated, lasting up to 5 times longer than conventionally hardened HSS
- Superior edge holding ability in oily abrasive woods, exotic woods and hardwoods
- Fast and easy to sharpen, removing less material to produce a perfect razor sharp edge
- Ready to use, with edges bevelled, sharpened and honed
The full-size handles are ergonomically designed to allow for optimum grip and comfort and are made from a slow growing beech that has been selected for its straight grain, to ensure maximum strength. The shanks of the high-speed steel blades are buried deep into the beech handles and secured by a solid stainless steel ferrule.
As the name suggests, spindle gouges are used for creating detail, such as coves and beads, on spindles. With a rounder tip and shallower flute than a bowl gouge, the spindle gouge is used to produce small radius concave and convex curves but can be used for creating larger radius curves and contours. These are excellent full-size woodturning tools. ©
- Product CodeR2009
- Handle Length320mm
- Blade Length220mm
- Overall Length540mm
- SteelM2 High-Speed Steel
- Rockwell HardnessHRC63-77
- Blade Width1/2"
- Flute Width3/8"
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £7. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.