Precision 100 Woodturning Chuck Complete Kit
- 1" x 8tpi $295.00
- 33mm x 3.5mm $295.00
- 3/4" x 16tpi $295.00
- 1" x 12tpi $295.00
- 1 1/4" x 8tpi $295.00
- 1 1/2" x 8tpi $295.00
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,089 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- The complete chuck and jaws package, to get straight into turning a wide array of projects
- Turn spindles, bowls, goblets, candlesticks, pepper mills, pens and more
- Class leading clamping force and excellent load bearing capability
- Excellent concentricity, minimising vibration for a chatter-free, super fine finish
- Engineered from a special grade of corrosion resistant medium-tensile steel
The precision chuck combined with the wide array of jaws allows for almost every type of work-holding requirement from miniature turning through to large bowl turning projects up to 25kg. Designed to be used on all sizes of lathes from midi and mini lathes through to large capacity professional lathes you can turn spindles, bowls, goblets, candlesticks, pepper mills, pens and pencils and even unseasoned and green timber. Precision engineered and beautifully balanced, it offers superior performance combined with rock-solid holding power and excellent load bearing capability. The chuck is specifically designed so the jaws cut into the wood to provide a class leading clamping force, unlike other woodturning chucks that use engineering jaw profiles which crush the wood fibres and do not grip the workpiece as securely.
The body of the chuck is engineered to ensure that the workpiece sits as close as possible to the headstock, therefore reducing load and minimizing wear on the main spindle bearing. This chuck is extremely strong and durable, as it is machined from a special grade of medium-tensile steel, which is normally used for the manufacture of high performance turbo impellors, pistons and gears. Using this steel allows for closer tolerances during the manufacturing process which results in excellent concentricity to minimize vibration and to ensure that a chatter-free, super fine finish can be achieved by the woodturner.
The precision machined scroll mechanism and the high ratio gearing combine to ensure for a strong grip irrespective of workpiece size. The four jaws open and close using a T-handled key, allowing for one handed operation, leaving one hand free to support and balance your workpiece when mounting and dis-mounting the workpiece. The chuck and jaws are presented in a twin box set, which features a dedicated foam cut out to aid protection when not in use. 1" x 8tpi and 33 x 3.5mm chucks are direct threaded, 3/4" x 16tpi, 1" x 12tpi, 1 1/4" x 8tpi and 1 1/2" x 8tpi chucks are supplied with thread adaptors.
This is without doubt the finest chuck system we have offered and allows for a multitude of operations to be carried out without removing the chuck from the lathe. It is precision made, has excellent concentricity and has a wide range of jaws. An excellent premium performance woodturning chuck kit. ©
- Product CodeR2528
- Thread1" x 8tpi
- Chuck Body Diameter95mm
- Dovetail Jaws Compression Grip60mm to 40mm
- Dovetail Jaws Expansion Grip55mm to 75mm
- Pin Jaws Compression Grip30mm to 10mm
- Pin Jaws Expansion Grip30mm to 50mm
- Face Plate Ring75mm
- Woodscrew Chuck40mm
- Powergrip Jaws Compression Grip Square Stock75mm
- Powergrip Jaws Compression Grip Round Stock100mm
- Powergrip Jaws Expansion Grip95mm
- Extended Dovetail Jaws Compression Grip Round Stock35mm
- Extended Dovetail Jaws Compression Grip Square Stock25mm
- Extended Dovetail Jaws Expansion Grip30mm
- Ripple Jaws Compression Grip65mm
- Ripple Jaws Expansion Grip50mm
- Button Jaws Compression Grip225mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Precision enginereed to the tightest tolerances, ensuring excellent concentricity and minimising vibration, for a fine, chatter-free finish.