Cryogenic M2 HSS Roughing Gouge - 1 1/2"
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,656 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- For turning square wood down to round and producing shallow, sweeping coves
- Cryogenically treated, lasting up to 5 times longer than conventionally hardened HSS
- Superior edge holding ability in oily abrasive woods, exotic woods and hardwoods
- Fast and easy to sharpen, removing less material to produce a perfect razor sharp edge
- Ready to use, with edges bevelled, sharpened and honed
The full-size handles are ergonomically designed to allow for optimum grip and comfort and are made from a slow growing beech that has been selected for its straight grain, to ensure maximum strength. The shanks of the high-speed steel blades are buried deep into the beech handles and secured by a solid stainless steel ferrule.
Used mainly during spindle work to take the corners off square stock and make it round, the roughing gouge can also be used to produce shallow sweeping coves. These are excellent full-size woodturning tools. ©
- Product CodeR2006
- Handle Length390mm
- Blade Length180mm
- Overall Length570mm
- SteelM2 High-Speed Steel
- Rockwell HardnessHRC63-66
- Blade Width1 1/2"
- Flute Width1 1/8"
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £7. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.