- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 26,998 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Drill mortices and cut faceplate recesses, ideal for home or trade use
- Simply clamp to the door and align, ensuring the mortice is cut in the centre of the door
- Supplied with 19, 22 and 24mm cutters for the most widely used lock widths
- Horizontal and vertical depth stops ensure zero accidental damage to your door
- Can be used on softwoods, hardwoods and fire doors from 30mm to 85mm thick
After initial assembly simply choose the correct sized cutter for your lock, mark the position of the lock body and face plate on the door and clamp the jig to your door over where you require the mortice. Make sure the vertical and horizontal depth stops are positioned correctly and the guide bush runs smoothly up and down the shafts. There is a handle at the base of the morticer which is used to reposition one of the bars if the guide bush does not run smoothly. Fix your drill to the shaft and move the guide bush up and down to drill your mortice. The jig is supplied with 3 sizes of cutters to accommodate the most popular lock widths. The lock morticer can also be used to bore out holes in the face of the door and is supplied with a protective cap to allow you to do this without marking your door.
All industry standard power drills are compatible providing they have a 13mm chuck and can reach speeds of between 2,000 and 3,000rpm. Constructed from steel and aluminium the jig is sturdy and durable, the clamping jaws have rubber faces which will not mark your door. Supplied in a blow moulded carry case which contains the jig, 3 different sizes of cutter, measuring rule and 2 x adjusting wrenches. ©
- Product CodeR5044
- Bit Diameters19mm, 22mm & 24mm
- Bit ThreadM10 x 1.5mm per thread
- Door Thickness30mm
- Overall Length460mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Save time and money
Fast and accurate to operate, producing lock mortices and faceplate recesses using a standard power drill.