Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Add 3 to bag
Router Bit - Straight Pocket Cutter
- D=6mm H1=16mm H2=20mm L=70mm S=1/4" $20.00
- D=8mm H1=20mm H2=30mm L=80mm S=1/4" $21.00
- D=10mm H1=20mm H2=25mm L=90mm S=1/2" $26.00
- D=12mm H1=25mm H2=50mm L=120mm S=1/2" $30.00
- D=16mm H1=25mm H2=0mm L=120mm S=1/2" $36.00
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 26,998 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Used to produce deep grooves and mortices
- Micro-grain tungsten carbide ensures long lasting hardness and superior edge retention
- Perfectly balanced, vibration free bodies for a smoother cut
- Shear angle blades slice the wood for a feather free finish
- Anti kick back design for maximum operator safety
Each router bit features diamond ground, micro-grain tungsten carbide tipped blades. This tighter micro-grain structure means the blades offer long lasting hardness and superior edge retention. The body of each bit has been turned and then milled with uncompromising precision from a single piece of 4140 high tensile steel to give perfect balance for reduced vibration and therefore smoother cuts. 4140 steel has been chosen because of its toughness, high fatigue strength, and abrasion and impact resistance. The tungsten carbide tips are then brazed onto the bodies using induction to create an extremely strong joint that safely holds under the high stresses that occur when routing. The router bits are suitable for use on softwoods, hardwoods, veneers, laminates and composite materials.
Straight Pocket Cutter Bits
Straight pocket cutter bits are used to produce deep grooves and mortices. These bits feature extra long, recessed shanks to increase clearance and allow for deeper cutting. The length of the bits means extra care should be take to avoid breakage during use. It is recommended that many smaller passes are made when grooving and mortising, with the cutting depth no more than half the diameter of the bit in a single pass.
Superior Finish and Performance
The shearing angle of the cutting edges ensure they remain in constant contact with the workpiece to allow a smoother, slicing cut which eliminates tear-out and gives a mirror finish. The bits feature right hook angles which further enhances the cut due to the fast removal of chips. These bits feature an anti-kickback design which limits the feed rate of the material being cut to decrease the likelihood of a kickback, meaning each bit conforms to strict German DIN standards to ensure maximum operator safety. ©
- Product CodeR5596
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.