R2 Lathe Variable Speed - 305mm x 610mm
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 26,998 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Longer turning capacity, for spindles up to 610mm and bowls up to 305mm
- Powered by an ultra-quiet 750w high torque, DC motor
- Electronic variable speed control to suit small, medium and large turnings
- Class leading spindle concentricity, running on extra wide, sealed for life roller bearings
- Precision CNC machined castings ensure vibration-free turning
The two step pulley, in conjunction with the variable speed control results in two speed ranges of 250 to 1300rpm and 700 to 3450rpm, allowing you to fine tune the speed to suit small, medium and large turnings. The digital read out is ideally positioned on the tailstock to offer perfect visibility. The level of vibration is remarkable low, due to the substantial grey iron castings which have the mass needed to dampen and absorb vibration. The cast iron headstock is CNC machined for the precise alignment of the drive spindle and the extra wide roller bearings, ensuring class leading concentricity.
The drive spindle has a 1" x 8tpi thread with a No 2 morse taper to allow for the fitting industry standard chucks and attachments. The tailstock has No 2 morse taper which is hollowed out to accept drill bits when turning standard and bed side lamps. The tool rest is held firmly in the non-slip banjo and will not wander when roughing out or turning large bowls and platters. The bed of the lathe is finely ground for smooth tool rest positioning. All of the adjustment handles are ergonomic and can be locked off to prevent obstruction with the turning tool.
The lathe comes complete with a revolving centre, four prong centre, face plate, knock out rod and spindle locking wrenches . This lathe is ideal for bowl and platter turning, goblet, vase and egg cup turning, pen turning and all between centres work. The reverse rotation is ideal for sanding and polishing when final finishing. This is a premium performance lathe that is extremely quiet in operation, virtually vibration free and features a variable speed, high torque motor and control unit. ©
- Product CodeR2103
- Dimensions1078mm x 255mm x 401mm
- Variable Speed Range2
- Variable Speed Range250
- Diameter Over Bed305mm
- Distance Between Centres610mm
- Distance Between Centres with Option Bed Extension1300mm
- Spindle Thread1" x 8tpi
- Taper HeadstockNo. 2 MT
- Taper TailstockNo. 2 MT
- Tailstock Barrel Travel60mm
- Tool Rest Stem Diameter16mm
- Tool Rest Length150mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Class leading concentricity
The precisely aligned drive spindle runs on extra wide, sealed for life roller bearings.