- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,692 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Reversible, variable speed, permanent-magnet motor maintains the ideal speed
- Aluminium oxide grinding wheel provides efficient steel removal and long stone life
- Leather honing wheel removes burrs, prior to honing and mirror polishing the edge
- Low speed range ensures an edge will not become overheated and lose its hardness
- Supplied with truing tool, jig holder, stone grader, honing compound and jigs
The 220 grit aluminium oxide grinding wheel, which is cooled in a bath of water, offers the most effective combination of efficient steel removal, smooth surface finish and long stone life. When you need to refine an edge, you can use the stone grader to convert the surface of the stone to 1000 grit. Having shaped and created the edge on the stone, you finish the sharpening process on the leather honing wheel, using the honing compound to gently remove the burr, prior to honing and mirror polishing the edge. The reversible motor makes the honing and polishing processes easier and faster.
The body of the sharpener features a carry handle, is rust proof and made from impact-resistant ABS with vertical and horizontal steel bushes to provide firm support for the universal jig holder. The water trough has an extra wide mouth to prevent spillage when sharpening long edge tools and can be removed without tools for cleaning. The sharpener comes complete with a diamond truing tool to dress a worn stone to its original profile, universal jig holder, straight edge jig for chisels and plane irons, angle measuring & setting jig, stone grader and honing compound.
Rated for continuous use this is a premium wetstone sharpener that allows you to add consistent and exact cutting geometry to fine edge tools including chisels, turning tools, carving tools, knives, and plane irons. ©
- Product CodeR7550
- Dimensions300mm x 200mm x 330mm
- Variable Speed Range120 - 200rpm
- Motor TypePermanent Magnet
- Grinding Wheel200mm x 40mm x 12mm
- Honing Wheel180mm x 30mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £7. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Cool under pressure
Motor maintains the ideal low speed range, regardless of load, ensuring no overheating or loss of hardness to the tool edge.