Granite Surface Plate
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,656 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- A solid, flat granite plate used as a horizontal reference plane
- Ideal for checking plane sole flatness, lapping planes, honing and sharpening
- Grade 0, finished extremely flat with tolerances below 0.0115mm per 2960mm
- Superior to steel or cast surface plates, never rusting, corroding or warping
- Maintenance free, unaffected by changes in ambient temperature and humidity
Granite surface plates are often used as the baseline for all measurements and are extremely useful in a woodworking shop for checking plane bottom flatness, lapping planes and for honing and sharpening. For honing and sharpening you simply wet a section of abrasive paper which will allow it to stick to the granite plate, giving you a perfectly flat bed to work on. Once the sharpening process is complete simply peel of the abrasive paper and clean down with water. The plate measures 300mm x 225mm x 50mm deep with a weight of 10.5kg. ©
- Product CodeR7527
- Dimensions300mm x 225mm x 50mm
- Accuracy0.0115mm per 2960mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £7. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.