Plug and Tenon Cutters with Forstner Bits - Set of 4
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,089 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Produce flawless holes with matching tenons and plugs in both hard and softwoods
- Bits will not deform, maintaining cutting geometry for life
- Extremely hard wearing, retaining hardness over prolonged use
- Rim scores the circumference, eliminating fibre pull and tearing of the wood
The plug and tenon cutters are manufactured from a special grade of high carbon steel which is extremely hard wearing and retains its hardness over prolonged use, resulting in a cutter that will not deform under heat and which will always keep the same cutting geometry, over its lifetime. The rim of the cutter finely scores the inner circumference of the hole, prior to five razor sharp cutting spurs removing the stock. This results in minimal fibre pull and tearing of the wood leaving extremely clean holes and plugs. They have an overall length of 140mm with a total available depth of cut of 80mm and 13mm round shanks
The forstner sawtooth bits are made from a special grade of high carbon steel which is extremely hard wearing and retains its hardness over prolonged use. The rim of the forstner bit is a fraction of a millimetre higher than the chippers which results in the bit entering the wood cleanly, prior to the chippers clearing the wood. The double-chip channels means swarf is quickly cleared, minimising rim heat, allowing for clean cut, flat bottom holes in hard, soft and exotic woods. The teeth have a skewed geometry to ensure minimal fibre pull and tearing of the wood. The bits are back tapered from the cutting edge to reduce friction and prevent binding and have been fully ground to give precise concentricity to ensure a highly accurate hole. The bits have an overall length of 90mm, with 10mm round shanks and are supplied in a wood box. ©
- Product CodeR4102
- Forstner Bit MaterialHigh Carbon Steel
- Forstner Bit Shank TypeRound
- Forstner Bit Shank Diameter10mm
- Forstner Bit Overall Length90mm
- Plug Cutter MaterialHigh Carbon Steel
- Plug Cutter Shank TypeRound
- Plug Cutter Shank Diameter13mm
- Plug Cutter Overall Length140mm
- Plug Cutter Max Depth of Cut80mm
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £6. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.
Flawless holes and tenons
Skewed tooth geometry eliminates fibre pull and tearing, producing perfectly matched holes and plugs in both hard and softwoods.