Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Add 3 to bag
Solid Carbide Coated - Spiral Down Cut 2 Flute
- D=6mm H=20mm S=6mm $60.00
- D=8mm H=25mm S=8mm $67.00
- D=10mm H=32mm S=10mm $87.00
- D=12mm H=38mm S=12mm $110.00
- D=12.7mm H=50.8mm S=1/2" $120.00
- Shop with confidence with our 3 Year Warranty
- Rated excellent by Trustpilot based on 27,692 reviews
- Over 2.5 million Rutlands® premium woodworking tools sold worldwide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Pushes chips down and away from the machine to eliminate splintering and tearout
- Diamond like carbon coating ensures bits last 3 times longer than uncoated
- Precision ground, micro-grain solid tungsten carbide provides exceptional tool life
- Solid carbide bits run cooler during use, retaining a sharper edge for longer
- Superior edge retention ensures cleaner and more accurate cuts, for the ultimate finish
The diamond like carbon (DLC) coating is a hard and durable hybridized carbon, SP2 graphite and SP3 diamond surface finish that ensures the bits last 3 times longer than uncoated bits. The coating gives the lowest coefficient of friction which reduces sticking and makes the bits ideal for high speed nesting applications. The coating has minimal thickness of µ 1-3 which guarantees the edges of the bits are perfectly sharp and has a Vickers hardness of HV 2,500 which gives ultimate protection against wear and tear. The bits avoid excessive heat build up which would affect performance. Prior to being coated each router bit has been precision ground from a single piece of super micro-grain solid tungsten carbide. These STC DLC chrome coated router bits are suitable for use on softwoods, hardwoods, veneers, plastic materials, laminates, and composite materials.
Spiral Down Cut Two Flute Bits
Spiral down cut two flute bits are used to push chips down and away from the machine to eliminate splintering and tearout, and provide the finest top surface finish. The down-cut geometry of the bits also works to hold the workpiece in place when used with CNC machines and handheld routers. These bits are ideal for cutting shallow dados, rabbets, and visible slots due to the clean finish provided on the edge of the hole or groove. When used for pattern routing or cutting through material, these bits allow clear vision of the cutting line to be maintained.
Superior Finish and Performance
Each spiral has been specifically designed to give the optimum cutting angle to ensure the wood is sheared cleanly as well as providing efficient chip ejection. This leads to the bits running cooler during use as solid carbide dissipates heat more uniformly, even at high speeds, meaning the edges remain as sharp as possible and are retained for longer. Each bit conforms to strict German DIN standards to ensure maximum operator safety. ©
UK orders placed before 4pm will be delivered the next working day with shipping costing £7. Visit our Shipping page.
Outside of UK Shipping
We ship worldwide to over 200 countries. The total amount you pay includes all applicable customs duties & taxes. We guarantee no additional charges on delivery. Shipping cost and delivery time shown at checkout. Visit our Shipping page.
Click & Collect
Simply select Pick up on the checkout, and we will email you when you order is ready for collection at our distribution centre in Bakewell. Visit our Click & Collect page.
We accept all major credit cards and mobile payment methods. Visit our Payment page.
We will happily accept returns within 30 days. For more information about returns, visit our Returns page.